Crofton Park Pictures are teaming up with The Picture Palace Archive, screening classic Hollywood & British 16mm feature films from the Golden Age of the 1930s to 1950s & beyond. We start with a Blonde Bombshell double bill.
We end the evening with music and dancing from ballroom to latin and swing.
Technical details. The equipment used will be a 1956 Kodak Pageant AV154 Projector.
Blonde Bombshell Double Bill.
The Seven Year Itch.
Billy Wilder's classic 1955 comedy starring Marilyn Monroe needs little introduction.
Starring Marilyn Monroe & Tom Ewell.
Pin Up Girl.
Splashy Technicolor WW2 morale booster musical. Glorious photography, lavish sets and costumes and dazzling musical numbers. A huge hit in 1944.
Starring Betty Grable, Martha Raye, Joe E Brown, The Skating Vanities & Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
Beautiful U.S.O. singer and compulsive liar Lorry Jones (Betty Grable) and her best friend leave Montana for war jobs in Washington, D.C. Stopping in New York City along the way, Lorry spins a web of lies, turning herself into a Broadway star to gain the company of handsome war hero Tommy Dooley (John Harvey). Jealous club singer Molly McKay (Martha Raye) suspects Lorry's claims are false and hopes to expose her. The situation worsens when Tommy ends up in Washington at Lorry's new office.
|Advance Ticket||20:00 - 00:30||£15.00|
The Rivoli Ballroom, 350 Brockley road, Crofton park, London, Se42by
Crofton Park (Rail)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.